WHY PRESCRIBE THE PT5 IF?
FDA cleared for the following indications:
- Symptomatic relief of post-surgical pain
- Symptomatic relief of post traumatic acute pain
- Symptomatic relief of chronic intractable pain
- Relaxation of muscle spasms
- Maintain or increase range of motion
- Increase local blood circulation
- Immediate post-surgical stimulation of calf muscles to prevent venous thrombosis
- Prevention or retardation of disuse atrophy
- Muscle re-education
Home interferential therapy may help reduce pain, pain medication taken, and swelling while increasing range of motion in patients undergoing knee surgery. This could result in quicker return to activities of daily living and athletic activities. Jarit GJ, Mohr KJ, Waller R, Glousman RE. The effects of home interferential therapy on post-operative pain, edema, and range of motion of the knee. Clin J Sport Med. 2003 Jan;13(1):16-20.
A combination of electrical nerve stimulation, and neuromuscular electrical stimulation therapies is superior in treating chronic back pain over one modality alone or placebo treatment. Moore SR, Shurman J. Combined neuromuscular electrical stimulation and transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation for treatment of chronic back pain: a double- blind, repeated measures comparison. Arch Phys Med Rehabil 1997;78:55-60.
Interferential and horizontal therapy are significantly effective in alleviating both pain and disability in patients with chronic low back pain. Zambito A, Bianchini D, Gatti D, Viapiana O, Rossini M, Adami S., Interferential and horizontal therapies in chronic low back pain: a randomized, double blind, clinical study. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2006 Sep- Oct;24(5):534-9
The PT5 IF provides a drug free option to treat soft tissue injuries and pain.
- Empowers the patient to take an active role in their recovery
- Can help reduce medication intake or be used in conjunction with medications to help treat pain
- Portable and easy to use. Pain relief anywhere when needed
- Helps patients return to work and speeds the recovery process